|Qualified technicians with ASE certification
|Understanding the complexity of today's automotive systems
|Accurately diagnose your vehicle's problems
|Listening to our customer saves time in diagnosing the problem
|Integrity in providing quality parts and service
|Technicians trained to use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment
|Your vehicle fixed right the first time
CODE OF ETHICS
Bolton Auto Repair Subscribes
The Following Business Practices:
- To perform high-quality repair service
at a fair and just price.
- To use only proven merchandise of high quality distributed
by reputable firms.
- To employ the best skilled technicians obtainable.
- To furnish an itemized invoice for fairly priced parts
and services which clearly identifies any used or remanufactured
parts. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each individual
- To promote good will between the motorist and members
of this association.
- To recommend corrective and maintenance services, explaining
to the customer which of these are required to correct
existing problems and which are for preventive maintenance.
- To offer the customer a price estimate for work to
- To furnish or post copies of any warranties covering
parts or services.
- To obtain prior authorization for all work done, in
writing or by other means satisfactory to the customer.
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion
promises cannot be kept.
- To maintain customer services records for one year
- To exercise reasonable care for the customer's property
while in our possession.
- To maintain a system for fair settlement of customers'
- To cooperate with established consumer complaint mediation
- To uphold the high standards of our profession and
always seek to correct any and all abuses within the
- To uphold the integrity of all members of the Automotive